Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Blog Evolution: 10 Blog Plots of 2012 That Highlighted the Evolution of Anarkali Loves Me

It has almost been a year since I've started blogging (my first venture is Couture Bano, a fashion blog with my sister), over this time my definition of my blog has shifted a lot and so has my focus. Recently I've been posting sparsely, mainly due to school but hopefully this will change. I've learnt a painful lesson that I have to manage my time better (mainly with school stress) so I have come to the realization that I can do it all in the same amount of time I just need to plan for it! 2012 was still a awesome year for me, I was still able to post 40 blog posts on this blog that I resonated with and that contributed to my blog's identity. So out of those 40 which had the biggest impact? Continue reading to find out!
 


10. Feeling Red
I loved writing this post because I was in awe of Riccardo Tisci's work, he definitely is my favourite menswear designer! And I loved the Fall/Winter 2012 show, the whole concept of a stylish parisian kid hitting the night scene. I love red and colours that stand out, so I was in love with Tisci's bright use of bright red. I was also in complete adoration of the embellishments and nose rings.


9. Tie between Summer Nights and Heat Wave
I wrote these two posts in the summer. It was very enjoyable for me to write about and be so detailed about my experiences. 



I died as a mineral and became a plant;
I died as a plant and rose to animal;

I died as animal and I was a man.
Why should I fear? 
When was I less by dying?
Yet once more I shall die as man to soar
With angels blest. 
But even from an angel
I must pass on: all except 
God must perish.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,I shall become what no mind ever conceived.

8. Rebirth
This post was also very personal and included a quote from Rumi that resonated with me so well at that point and as well now. The short poem conveys the lifelong evolution of man and the utmost destination of everyone.


7. Obsession: Men's Evening Slippers
This post was in the works for the last two months and I just published. I really enjoyed writing about it because I truly am very into this shoe right now. I love writing about things I love because you learn more about them and become to adore them even more! 


6. Blog Rebirth: Anarkali Loves Me
This post really marked an evolution of my blog. I had been thinking forever about what I wanted my title to be and resonate, and coming up with this was exactly what I wanted. Read the post for more background! 


5. Stampede 2012
I discovered I love doing photo-diaries through this post. It almost cements a great experience you've had. I also discovered I love the art of photography, I am taking a Digital Photography class next semester so this appreciation and use will definitely evolve! Stay tuned for more!


4. He longs to kiss every lock of your hair, don't fret, he has no choice
This post was basically a poem by Rumi about a lover that is absolutely beautiful! It is one of my favourite poems of all time from, as you can probably tell, one of my favourite poets of all time. I also included a stunning editorial modelled by Mehreen Syed and styled by Athar Shahzad from Niche magazine. It really does resonate my love for my culture and my love for Pakistani fashion.


3. Lagerfeld Bringing Me to My Roots
I loved this show by Chanel! I was obsessed with it for the longest time and desperately wanted every piece! Read it to find out why!


2. The Quintesntial Renaisance Man
I love to think that I am or am working towards being an urban gentleman. This post really protrayed my love for traditional clothing and actually traditional tastes in everything. 

1.  Bring on the Velvet
This was one of my first posts and so far has been the most enjoyable to write. It included pop references and inspirations from my favourite designers. It was also featured on IFB's Links La Mode which was very encouraging at the start of my blogging experience. 

This is a submission to IFB Project #75.