Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Lagerfeld Bringing Me to My Roots

Lagerfelds recent pre-fall 2012 show (the Chanel Metiers d'Arts show) brought me back to my roots with enticing and extraordinary pieces inspired by the indian subcontinent. As I have stated, I love Lagerfeld for his attention to the details and his constantly turning up the volume. But you may now be wondering 'hmmm...where is he from...India?'.  My roots lie in Pakistan, which used to be apart of India but has now diverged and has its own culture. Though the two continue to have many similarities in their cultures and share the same culturally rich past. I love my rich cultural past and Lagerfeld has shown all that is great about the attire from south-east Asia. Rich silks, vibrant colours, luxe details, and turnin' up the bling is all that I love so much about Pakistani/Indian fashion. And Lagerfeld shows us yet again that fashion knows no boundaries. The five looks Lagerfeld showed in his collection, for men, definatley left me wanting more. The pieces were beautifally tailored and screamed of the luxe past of the indian subcontinent. From the rich silks to the accesories the looks were absolutely inspiring. Definitely fit for a Maharaja!
The long and short white jackets and the black and gold jacket were exquisite.

The below look for Chanel Resort 2012 is also very inspired by the indian subcontinent. Absolutely love this look as well!
Chanel Resort 2012

The Show,
The venue, the Galerie Coube at the Grand Palais, was converted into a luxe Maharaja's palace for the show. Loving everything over the top and dramatic this was my type of entertaining and decorating. And the dinner was a delectable indo-inspired treat: mango-lassi, chai and, barfi being served with champagne and French macaroons. Deffinately some great take home ideas for the next time we entertain.




Image Credit: Chanel